Coming to Indonesia
Indonesia is an archipelago stretching for thousands of kilometers across the equator. Therefore, you will need to fly or take a boat to reach it.
The main entrances to Indonesia are Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. Return tickets from Paris start at around 400€. A great number of domestic flights are available to travel quickly from one island to another. There are also very good connections to other Asian countries, to Australia and New-Zealand. If you’re planning a round the world trip or extended travelling to several places, it is fairly easy to find affordable flights to and from Indonesia.
Airlines serving Indonesia
- AirAsia (www.airasia.com) offers numerous flights from Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Singapore to different Indonesian destinations.
- Cathay Pacific Airways (www.cathaypacific.com) have flights to Bali and Jakarta from Hong-Kong.
- China Airlines (www.china-airlines.com) offers flights to Bali and Jakarta as well, from Taipei.
- Emirates (www.emirates.com) From Dubai to Jakarta.
- Eva Air (www.evaair.com) From Taipei to Bali and Jakarta.
- Firefly (www.fireflyz.com.my) serves the largest cities of Sumatra from Kuala Lumpur and Penang in Malaysia.
- Garuda (www.garuda-indonesia.com) The Indonesian national carrier provides service to Bali and Jakarta from Australia. It also serves several Asian destinations as well as Amsterdam in Europe.
- Japan Airlines (www.jal.co.jp) have flights to Bali and Jakarta from Tokyo.
- KLM (www.klm.com) From Amsterdam to Jakarta.
- Korean Air (www.koreanair.com) From Seoul to Bali and Jakarta.
- Lion Air (www.lionair.co.id) This expanding Indonesian airline offers flights from most Asian metropolis to several cities in Indonesia. Wings Air, a subsidiary of Lion Air, operates service on regional routes.
- Lufthansa (www.lufthansa.com) From Frankfurt to Jakarta.
- Malaysia Airlines (www.mas.com.my) From Kuala Lumpur to Bali and Jakarta.
- Merpati Nusantara Airlines (www.merpati.co.id) serves East Timor from Bali.
- Qatar Airways (www.qatarairways.com) From Doha to Jakarta and Bali.
- Silk Air (www.silkair.com) offers flights from Singapore to several Indonesian destinations including Bandung, Balikpapan, Lombok, Manado, Medan, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Solo and Surabaya.
- Singapore Airlines (www.singaporeair.com) Numerous daily flights to Bali and Jakarta.
- Thai Airways International (www.thaiair.com) From Bangkok to Bali and Jakarta.
- Tiger Airways (www.tigerairways.com) is a budget airline based in Singapore. It serves a number of destinations, Jakarta and Padang among others.
Going to Indonesia from France
There is no direct flight from France to Indonesia. The 15 to 20 hours flying requires a transit, the country where you transit depending on the airways you have chosen.
For more information, please read our article on how to choose your plane ticket!